Corporate housing has long been a staple for the traveling business executive, but there are reasons that a corporate furnished apartment is better than a hotel for those traveling for special events too. In Houston, one of those special events that corporate housing is perfect for is the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
This rodeo extravaganza continues to be one of the city’s most time honored annual attractions after almost ninety years in operation. The sentiment that everything is bigger in Texas comes to mind for most when they see the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in person for the first time.
A three-week long event, the show is full of entertainment for all ages including carnival rides and games, hands on educational exhibits, high end western shopping opportunities, livestock showings, rodeo events like bull riding and barrel racing, and musical performances each evening from singers from a variety of different genres.
Each year, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo welcomes guests from all over the world. Whether it is from across an ocean or just over state lines, it is not uncommon for guests coming to the rodeo to stay several days or even weeks. This gives them ample time to enjoy the rodeo and explore the city.
Murphy’s Corporate Lodging offers dozens of properties across the great city of Houston, many of which are within close proximity to the rodeo grounds. Let us help you discover some of the reasons why staying in a furnished apartment is better than a hotel when it comes to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
3 Reasons a Furnished Apartment is Better Than a Hotel When in Town for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
Travelers making their way to Houston will find no shortage of lodging options, but it is worth noting that not all lodging options are created equal. Before planning your trip it is best to weigh the pros and cons of each.
We know you have choices, which is why we came up with 3 reasons that staying in a furnished apartment is better than a hotel when it comes to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo:
- Prime location
- Relaxing home-like environment
- Fabulous corporate housing amenities
Houston is a big city and if you are traveling here specifically to see the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, it is important to find lodging that is in close proximity to the event. Murphy’s Corporate Lodging has a number of properties in the Texas Medical Center area, located close to the rodeo grounds.
In addition to allowing for minimal commute time to and from the rodeo venue, it is possible that the property a guest is placed at could be close enough to leave their car at the lodging property and walk to the rodeo or get access to public transportation that takes them directly to the arena.
Relaxing Home-Like Environment
Being away from home can be taxing for travelers, especially if they are spending multiple days or weeks confined to one room without the basic comforts of home such as a kitchen, washer, dryer, or separate living area.
Murphy’s Corporate Lodging apartments are fully furnished and contain multiple rooms outfitted with modern technology, upscale furniture, and tasteful décor. Most apartments feature at least one bedroom, bathroom, main living room, laundry area, kitchen, and dining area.
In addition to this spacious environment which affords guests a greater degree of freedom than can generally be found in a hotel room, the ambiance of the apartment is relaxing with tasteful and minimal décor that creates an uncluttered and elegant feel.
By day guests can rodeo to their heart’s content, and by night they can relax at their home away from home.
Corporate Housing Amenities
Corporate housing amenities are some of the best in the hospitality industry, which is why business and non-business travelers are increasingly turning to corporate lodging companies to help them find the ideal arrangement.
- 24/7 Customer Service. Things happen, and not just between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., which is why we offer around the clock customer service for our guests.
- Housekeeping. Particularly when a guest requires an extended stay in one of our multi-room apartments, housekeeping is a must rather than a convenience.
- In House Kitchen. The food of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is some of the best around, but all that fried, roasted, and barbequed deliciousness can take its toll when enjoyed in excess. A full kitchen provides guests with appliances, a pantry, refrigerator, pots and pans, glassware, and tableware so that guests can enjoy lighter and healthier fare in the comfort of their corporate apartment.
- In Unit Washer and Dryer. Rodeo work can be dirty and dirty, especially if you are working with livestock. Our apartments feature a washer and dryer in every unit to make laundry an anytime convenience for guests, instead of wasting hours at a local laundromat.
- Access to Pool and Fitness Facility. Even cowboys need to relax and unwind, which is why guests also have access to the property pool and fitness facility.
If you are going to be in town for several days or more for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, reach out to Murphy’s Corporate Lodging and let us help you, because this isn’t our first rodeo…so to speak.