The demand for an Austin corporate apartment amongst up and coming business professionals is growing by leaps and bounds thanks in large part to the city’s growing business community. In fact, Austin is considered to be one of Texas’ and the nation’s top cities in terms of startup companies. In addition to this distinction, the city is also home to a number of businesses that there were rated by a popular online platform as having some of the best ratings for company culture and work environment. With designations like these, it is not hard to see why Austin is hosting hundreds of business travelers each year.
Why Austin, Texas is Big On Business
With dozens of businesses choosing to open an office in Austin each year, many may wonder how this small town with a laid-back attitude is such a magnet for businesses. A large contributor to the massive number of startup and entrepreneurial companies in the area is the technology boom.
Because technology has become such an integral part of how society communicates and operates today, it is no longer restricted only to technology companies. Businesses in the health, legal, education, and food service industries are all incorporating technology into their daily operations in a big way.
As for the small town vibe, many business owners claim that one of the most attractive things about working in Austin is the community entrepreneurial spirit that flourishes here. Never mind that the city is home to the University of Texas, the seat of Texas government, and computer giants like Dell, folks here see it as just another day to learn and create.
Finding an Austin Corporate Apartment
A destination for thousands of business-related visits each year, the corporate lodging industry in Austin is experiencing a boom of its own. Although hotels and online rentals are available, many modern-day business professionals look for an Austin corporate apartment for their stay.
In general the two main business districts in Austin are that of downtown and near the Domain District. Each of these business districts are close to more than one option when it comes to an Austin corporate apartment. A few of the complexes with an Austin corporate apartment that cater to business professionals include:
Apartments In Downtown Austin
- The Catherine on Barton Springs Road
- 5th Street Commons on West 5th Street
- The Ashton Austin on Colorado Street
- Cole on Lamar
- 404 Rio Grande on Rio Grande Street
The Domain District In Austin
- Gallery at Domain on Alterra Parkway
- Kenzie at the Domain on Esperanza Crossing
- The Monterra on Legendary Drive
- Marquis at Ladera Vista on Jollyville Road
- Bridge at Tech Ridge on Center Lake Drive
Amenities of an Austin Corporate Apartment
A reputable corporate lodging company should have an intimate knowledge of Austin and be able to place guests in an upscale unit in a location that best meets their needs. This includes a location that is close to work and local entertainment opportunities.
In addition to a great location, executives working with a corporate lodging specialist should expect excellence in customer service and a list of helpful amenities. Though amenities may differ from one Austin corporate apartment to another, most should include at least some of the following:
- Around the clock service. Corporate lodging companies know that the average business executive doesn’t stop working when the clock hits five in the evening, so guests should expect to have access to around the clock service as needed.
- Fully furnished apartment. An Austin corporate apartment should be fully furnished with tasteful décor, up to date technology, and modern furniture that can collectively make the guest feel right at home. The added touches of having a full kitchen, washer, and dryer in the apartment should make life on the road much more convenient.
- After a long day at the office, the last thing most business executives have time for is housekeeping. Most corporate lodging companies provide this service for guests.
- Pool and workout room access. Guests may look forward to stealing an hour for an evening swim or a trip to the workout room to help relieve some stress and get in some exercise.
The Short and Long of It
An Austin corporate apartment is a great temporary housing option whether it is for the short term or the long term. Every business executive deserves to feel at home when they are on the road for business, regardless of the duration.
Unlike some hotels and online home rentals, corporate lodging companies can arrange for clients to stay for weeks or even months as work requires. Having an apartment can also lend itself to hosting a get together with co-workers, friends, or family, making fun a part of the trip as well.
For those business executives staying long term in an Austin corporate apartment, taking advantage of the city’s wide variety of activities is a must. If you are not sure where to look, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Walk this main city street and frequent unique stores and dine at charming one of a kind eateries. As sunset approaches, gather on the main bridge for a fascinating look at the resident bats as they take flight into the night.
- Lady Bird Lake. Go kayaking or canoeing in the inviting waters of Lady Bird Lake or consider a run along the trails by the shore.
- LBJ Presidential Library. Get a remarkable glimpse into the life and legacy of the 36th president of the United States, Lyndon Baines Johnson.
- On a nice day, a visit to Zilker Metropolitan Park or Barton Springs Municipal Pool may be in order.
- The State Capitol. Arrange to go on a tour of the Texas Capitol that sits in the heart of downtown.
Finding the right Austin corporate apartment can be much more than just arranging a place to stay, it can be a slice of home that comes with a mini vacation.