Houston is the fourth most populous city in America and is the largest city in Texas. Although one can still see oil wells in the outlying areas of Houston, this modern and thriving city is a far cry from the western stereotype it used to be given. Of the thousands of travelers that arrive here each year, many of them are corporate travelers in town for business. And with a city as large as Houston, the first matter of business is finding a place to stay. Corporate travelers are increasingly choosing to stay in Galleria apartments while in Houston for their work travels.
Where is the Galleria area of Houston?
The Galleria area is largely a business district that sits roughly six miles west of downtown. While this part of the city is still home to an impressive skyline, it is dotted with large trees and some green landscaping throughout. It is one of the largest business districts in the United States and draws thousands of people each year.
The major landmarks of the area include the Williams Tower which is one of the tallest buildings in the area and can be seen from downtown, The Galleria shopping mall, and the multi-story Houston Water Wall. Traffic intersections in the Galleria area are marked with enormous chrome rings suspended in the air featuring the street names, letting visitors know they are in a prestigious area of town.
Why Business Executives Should Stay in Galleria Apartments in Houston
One of the primary considerations when looking for Galleria apartments in Houston is location. Regardless of which Galleria apartment complex in Houston you choose, you are likely to be so close to work that a commute is hardly a commute at all. The Galleria area skyline is dotted with several signature buildings such as The Galleria shopping center and Williams Tower and is home to roughly two thousand companies.
This area is the perfect blend of an urban and modern business environment that is home to a number of large businesses, retail establishments, and first class restaurants. When business is done at the end of the day there are a number of ways to unwind, whether it includes world class shopping, taking an evening stroll around Uptown Park, or stealing a few contemplative moments at Houston’s grand water wall.
The Galleria is practically a landmark in this Texas city. It is one of the main features of this part of town which is commonly referred to as Uptown Houston. This upscale shopping mall is home to more than three hundred seventy stores, numerous dining establishments and a year-round ice-skating rink in the center of it all.
By crossing under the loop by The Galleria, guests can also have access to the beautiful outdoor shopping area of Highland Village. This outdoor mall is home to one of a kind boutiques, brand name stores, and fabulous dining.
One of the more unique things to do in the area is to take in an outdoor evening movie via the Rooftop Cinema Club on one of the main streets in the Galleria area. There is nothing quite like a movie under the Texas stars.
Whether day or night, no trip to The Galleria is complete without a stop at Houston’s iconic Water Wall on Post Oak Boulevard. This enormous sixty foot plus fountain is actually a manmade waterfall. This gorgeous spot surrounded by large oak trees makes it popular for dates, proposals, family outings, and picnics.
Corporate Galleria Apartments in Houston
There is no shortage of fabulous corporate Galleria apartments in Houston. However, when it comes to finding a place to stay, there are a few locations that stand out among the rest:
- Alexan 5151: Located on Hidalgo Street in Houston, this corporate lodging facility is the epitome of sophistication and elegance. From the interior which is posh and modern to the exterior which features an outdoor gathering area and luxurious pool, this temporary housing option for traveling executives is sure to impress.
- Tate at Tanglewood: These fabulous apartments located on Inwood Drive feature a classy pool, state of the art workout room, and upscale game room. The guest business office and swanky gathering area are perfect for small meetings. Best of all, this corporate housing complex puts guests within just a couple of miles of The Galleria.
- The Marquis at Tanglewood: Located on Fountain View Drive, this grand corporate housing facility is impressive on sight. Wooden floors, high ceilings, and gourmet kitchens make these corporate Galleria apartments in Houston feel spacious and homey. Be sure not to miss the well-manicured courtyard as well as the pool and leisure area.
- Hanover Post Oak: These corporate Galleria apartments in Houston are located on Sky Lark Lane and offer outstanding city views. This apartment high rise features sleek and modern units with state-of-the-art kitchens. Some units have almost an entire wall dedicated to impressive windows which overlook the city.
- High Point Uptown: This massive corporate Galleria apartment complex on South Post Oak Lane puts guests in close enough proximity to walk to several area parks, restaurants, and shopping centers. Although the units are beautiful, the stars of the show are the luxurious gathering and game areas and the open poolside view of the city’s skyline.
If sleek, modern, and swanky are not your personal preference, consider some of the other corporate Galleria apartments in Houston. For those hoping to find a fabulous but more down to earth style lodging for their corporate travels, a better fit might be the corporate Galleria apartments of AMLI Uptown on McCue, Miramar on Bering, Montecito on McCue, or Montierra on Sage.
Regardless of where you choose to stay when on assignment in the Galleria area, work with a corporate housing specialist that can help make the most of your stay.