The energy corridor is an area that boasts millions of square feet of office space, neighboring urban parks, and local entertainment, and traveling executives are increasingly looking for apartments near the energy corridor in Houston for their business trips.
Houston’s energy corridor is one of the largest business districts in Texas. This southwest part of the city has been home to a number of industry giants including the likes of BP America, Shell Oil, Conoco Phillips, and Citgo. Despite the area’s name, it is also home to many non-energy companies as well.
Where to Find Apartments Near the Energy Corridor in Houston
Houston is one of the largest cities in the nation, so finding apartments near the energy corridor is key to making the most of a business trip without having to waste valuable time on a long commute. The location of Houston’s energy corridor is best described as a broad area between major thoroughfares such as Interstate 10, Beltway 8, Highway 6, and the West Park Tollway.
With so many energy corporations and businesses located on the southwest side of Houston, there are a number of viable apartment options to consider. A few of the fully furnished corporate apartments available in this area can be found in apartment complexes such as The Eclipse, District at Memorial, Heights at Westchase, and Pearl at City Center, just to name a few.
What to Look For in a Fully Furnished Apartment
If business will be taking you close to Houston’s energy corridor, you should now have a clear idea of what part of town that is and the available lodging options to be found there. However, it is worth noting that not all lodging options are created equal. There are several things travelers may want to consider before making lodging reservations for apartments near the energy corridor in Houston.
- Around the clock service. When out of town, travelers require lodging that can accommodate them when needed, even if it is not during regular business hours. Guests should expect twenty-four-hour service, seven days a week.
- Fully furnished apartments. Staying in a fully furnished apartment allows guests to feel as if they are home even when they are away from home. The décor should be updated and comfortable and outfitted with modern technology and conveniences.
- While a business trip is work, there should also be room for some relaxation and downtime. Look for temporary housing options that offer access to a spacious swimming pool, a state of the art workout room and a business center.
- Corporate apartments, especially apartments near energy corridor Houston, often offer additional perks such as limited grocery service. This may include stocking a guest’s fridge and pantry with a few basic items to tide them over until time allows for a grocery run.
- All-inclusive pricing. A bonus to staying in corporate lodging is the all-inclusive pricing. This means there should be no surprises when it comes to extra hospitality taxes, hidden fees, and so on. The price for your stay should include utilities, parking, pool/workout room access, and more.
To make the most out of your business trip, be sure to look for apartments near the energy corridor in Houston that can provide many, if not all, of the above amenities.
Entertainment Options for Apartments Near the Energy Corridor in Houston
When staying in apartments near the energy corridor in Houston, visitors should be able to find plenty of entertainment options for some downtime from work.
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, much of the area in and surrounding Houston’s energy corridor features some green space and urban park areas. Whether it is grabbing a bite of lunch and sitting in the sun at Bear Creek Pioneers Park or taking an evening run, the fresh air can be invigorating after a long day at the office.
For those that are hoping to fit in a little retail therapy, the energy corridor is the perfect place to be. Both Memorial City Mall and Katy Mills Mall are fairly close by and offer fabulous shopping and dining options from popular retailers and restaurants. Visitors that don’t mind venturing a few miles east will also enjoy checking out Houston’s Galleria, which is a huge shopping complex complete with retailers, restaurants, and even an ice-skating rink.
Travelers wanting to have a little fun on their trip may want to check out exciting activities like Dave and Buster’s, themed bowling, escape rooms, and even Topgolf. A large movie theater complex complete with an IMAX theater are also located just off Interstate 10 for those wanting to catch a movie.
Houston’s energy corridor also provides access to nightlife entertainment such as comedy clubs, night clubs, and high-end restaurants.
Business travelers that are in town for an extended period of time may also want to make their way to the heart of Houston for additional entertainment opportunities located in the city’s museum and theater district, local sports arenas, and even the zoo.
How a Corporate Lodging Service Can Help
Whether it is a last minute business trip or one you’ve known about for weeks, finding time to plan the trip and make lodging reservations is often difficult amidst the pressures of work and daily life. By enlisting the help of a corporate lodging company, it allows them to do the legwork for you.
Be sure to have a detailed conversation and open communication with a company representative to establish your needs for the trip as well as some of the lodging features you will require. These companies generally have a wealth of experience in expertly placing business travelers at locations that fit their travel needs while also helping them to maintain a close proximity to the office.
By letting a reputable corporate lodging company find apartments near the energy corridor in Houston for your trip, it will leave you free to focus on the work at hand while having confidence in your future travels.