With an estimated twenty-two Fortune 500 companies calling the city home for their headquarters, corporate housing in Houston is booming. Annually, thousands of business travelers from all over the world come to Houston to be a part of the city’s flourishing high dollar industries such as aeronautics, energy, healthcare and manufacturing, and their trips will likely require corporate temporary housing.
Houston Corporate Housing Amenities
Corporate housing in Houston generally consists of fully furnished corporate apartments tailored to meet the specific needs of a traveling business executive. These properties are usually located in close proximity to the city’s business districts for easy access and shorter commutes. While amenities may vary some from property to property, in general, guests should expect most of the below features:
- Excellent Customer Service: A proper corporate housing facility should offer excellent customer service around the clock. As a business executive, your hours can take you well beyond the standard nine to five, and so should theirs.
- Free Parking: Finding parking in Houston can be expensive and a challenge, but corporate housing should feature free parking for tenants.
- Fully Furnished Housing: One of the most off-putting aspects of being away from home is feeling like you can’t relax in your surroundings. Corporate lodging should include fully furnished housing that is spacious, modern, and comfortable and features modern technology.
- Housekeeping: Extended work hours don’t leave much time for tidying up. As a temporary housing facility geared toward business clientele, this is clearly understood, which is why housekeeping is fairly standard.
- In House Kitchen: For the executive who is tired of eating donuts at the office or meals out for days on end, having a fully functional kitchen complete with appliances can be a welcome amenity. Guests have access to their own kitchen day and night or whenever their schedule allows.
- Limited Grocery Service: Because many corporate housing facilities understand the grueling schedule of traveling executives, some offer a limited grocery service at an additional cost to help guests stock up on the necessities.
- In House Washer and Dryer: Especially for those traveling for more than several days, an in house washer and dryer make doing laundry on your own time a fabulous convenience.
- Access to Pool and Exercise Room: Many people work best when they balance their time with play. For that reason, most corporate lodging options have a pool and exercise room on site for guests.
These amenities combined with the outstanding leisure and entertainment offerings of a diverse and entertainment oriented city like this one can make corporate housing in Houston almost feel like a mini vacation.
Corporate Housing in Houston
Finding corporate housing in small cities typically doesn’t require much leg work as there are a limited number of places to choose from, all of which are generally close in proximity to the office. However, finding corporate housing in Houston, all six hundred sixty-five square miles of it, can be a much bigger challenge.
With business districts on the northwest side, downtown, southwest side, and more, an unaware traveler could end up choosing housing on the other side of town from the office, which can equate to wasted time spent in a morning and evening commute. Understanding the business geography of the city can help.
Houston has five main areas of the city that are hotspots for the business industry: Houston Galleria, Energy Corridor, Texas Medical Center, Downtown, and The Woodlands. Each of these areas has a number of upscale temporary housing options, including:
- The Marquis at Tanglewood on Fountain View
- Tate at Tanglewood on Inwood
- Alexan 5151 on Hidalgo
- The Heights at Westchase on West Sam Houston Parkway South
- The Eclipse on Crescent Plaza
- District at Memorial on the Katy Freeway
- The Belmont on Bissonet
- Maroneal on Maroneal Street
- Domain at Kirby on Old Spanish Trail
- SkyHouse Main on Main Street
- Villas at River Oaks on Dunlavy
- One Park Place on McKinney Street
- Retreat at The Woodlands on College Park Drive
- One Lakes Edge on Hughes Landing Boulevard
- Alexan Auburn Lakes on West Rayford Road
Top 5 Reasons for Using a Corporate Lodging Specialist
Finding corporate housing in Houston can be a cinch with the help of a reputable corporate lodging specialist. These companies make it their life’s work to accommodate traveling business executives and make their stays as much of a worry-free experience as possible. The top five reasons for working with a corporate lodging company typically include:
- A business trip anywhere usually takes some advance planning to get things squared away at work and on the road. By delegating the task of finding corporate housing in Houston, a lodging company can work out the logistics while you focus on work.
- Great Location. In a city as large as Houston, it can be difficult to find corporate housing on your own that is also close to the office. A good corporate lodging company will have intimate knowledge of the city’s layout and business districts, enabling them to find guests the best location for lodging.
- Flexible Leases. Corporate lodging companies understand business is fluid and that no deadline is set in stone. Many of these companies will offer stays from up to one night to as long as six months.
- Concierge: A successful trip is seldom one that is all work and no play. Corporate housing in Houston should have a concierge that can direct guests toward key city happenings and activities to make their stay more enjoyable.
- By choosing a corporate lodging company that has national offices, guests can feel confident that future stays with the company, even if in different cities, will provide the same standard of excellence.
By working with a good corporate lodging company, finding corporate housing in Houston just might be the easiest part of your entire trip.