The spread of the coronavirus is changing the world as we know it every single day, including travel restrictions being imposed that have left misplaced corporate executives looking for a long term rental for at least a few weeks, if not months. As the world collectively practices social distancing and outings are largely discouraged, the need to for a business traveler to be comfortable and at home in their place of lodging is more crucial than ever before, and Murphy’s Corporate Lodging stands ready to serve.
How can Murphy’s Corporate Lodging help those stranded away from home?
With sudden travel restrictions put into place and growing fear about traveling even domestically, many stranded business travelers in Texas find themselves stuck in a hotel for the foreseeable future. However, without an in room food preparation center or in room laundry facilities at a hotel, guests may struggle to live comfortably, especially they are confined to their room for the purposes of social distancing.
Those who find themselves in this predicament should consider the benefits of choosing Murphy’s Corporate Lodging for their stay, including:
Around the clock service
While 24/7 customer service is a plus for normal business travel, it can be an especially welcome benefit during times of social distancing. If during your stay you require customer service, our representatives can assist you.
Accents of home
Murphy’s Corporate Lodging apartments are fully furnished and exude an airy and soothing atmosphere that can mimic the comforts of home. The luxury of feeling at home when on the road is priceless. Guests can expect their living areas to be outfitted with a comfortable chair, sofa, cocktail table or ottoman, and lighting. Bedrooms are outfitted with a dresser/drawers, nightstand, and a king bed with a headboard.
In house kitchen
Our kitchens feature modern appliances such as ovens, stoves, dishwashers, and refrigerators. In addition, Murphy’s kitchens are stocked with the necessities such as can openers, toasters, cookware, coffee makers, corkscrews, cutting boards, hot pads, kitchen towels, vacuums/brooms, trash cans, dishes, silverware, and glasses. An in house kitchen enables guests to eat and cook at any time of day, especially during a time when restaurant services may be limited.
All of our properties are pet-friendly and will welcome guests and their pets. This prevents guests from spending money on additional temporary housing for their pet and it may even add to their comfort as they spend quality time indoors with their furry friends.
In house washer and dryer
If stranded in Texas on business due to traveling restrictions, chances are you may not have enough clothes with you to comfortably make it through a couple of weeks without doing laundry. To better assist you with those needs, our corporate apartments offer an in house washer, dryer, iron, ironing board, and laundry detergent.
Modern technology or a solid work from “home” solution
Our corporate apartments feature high speed internet, cable, water, gas, electric, phone, and trash services. Both the living room and bedroom are equipped with large flat screen televisions for entertainment and relaxation.
While standard hotel rooms typically confine guests to one room, a corporate apartment can allow a guest to spread out between one or more bedrooms, a bathroom, a living area, a kitchen with full sized appliances, and a separate dining area. This space is an asset when sheltering in place as it permits guests to move throughout the apartment while experiencing an occasional change in scenery.
When a guest moves in to a Murphy’s corporate apartment they should receive (based on availability) two trash can liners, dish soap, coffee and filter, two rolls of paper towels, bottled water, a small snack basket, and travel size versions of body soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, and a toothbrush.
Corporate Housing Options in Texas
If you are currently seeking temporary housing or are looking to switch housing providers, Murphy’s offers a number of corporate housing properties in various areas of the state. A few examples of our properties in Houston, Dallas and Austin include:
- 1414 Texas Downtown – 1414 Texas Ave. Houston, TX 77002
- 7 Seventy – 770 N. Eldridge Pkwy. Houston, TX 77079
- Alexan 5151 – 551 Hidalgo St. Houston, TX 77056
- Block 334 – 1515 Main St. Houston, TX 77002
- City Place – 306 McGowen Houston, TX 77006
- Highpoint Uptown – 807 S. Post Oak Ln. Houston, TX 77056
- Market Square Tower – 777 Preston St. Houston, TX 77002
- Pearl City Center – 10402 Town and Country Way Houston, TX 77024
- San Brisas – 2020 Eldridge Pkwy. Houston, TX 77077
- San Paloma – 1255 Eldridge Pkwy. Houston, TX 77077
- The Dawson – 13411 Briar Forest Dr. Houston, TX 77077
- Millennium Six Pines – 10200 Six Pines Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380
- The Millennium Waterway – One Waterway Ave. The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Waterwall Place – 2801 Waterwall Dr. Houston, TX 77056
- 801 Las Co – 801 Lake Carolyn Pkwy. Irving, TX 75039
- Alara Uptown – 2990 Blackburn St. Dallas, TX 75204
- AMLI Campion Trail – 777 Lake Carolyn Pkwy. Irving, TX 75039
- Aviator West 7th – 2726 Mercedes Ave. Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Axis 110 – 110 W. Cityline Dr. Richardson, TX 75082
- CityLine Park – 1230 CityLine Dr. Richardson, TX 75083
- Fountain Pointe – 5225 Las Colinas Irving, TX 75039
- L2 Uptown – 2828 Lemmon Avenue East Dallas, TX 75204
- Metro West – 8055 Windrose Ave. Plano, TX 75024
- The Grand at Legacy – 6080 Water St. Plano, TX 75024
- 404 Rio Grande – 404 Rio Grande St. Austin, TX 78701
- Gallery at the Domain – 11119 Alterra Pkwy. Austin, TX 78758
- Kenzie at the Domain – 3201 Esperanza Crossing Austin, TX 78758
- The Catherine – 214 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, TX 78704