MURPHY’S RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
Murphy’s is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives. Third party processing is used for background/credit checks and credit card processing. You will be directed to these sites which operate under their own privacy policies.
In certain situations, Murphy’s may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other than as described in this Policy, we will not give any information about you to others without your express permission.
Information Collection and Use
Our Site and mobile applications use forms to collect contact information (including your name, address, telephone number, and email address) so you can place orders, request information and support.
Information may be collected as part of:
- Fulfilling reservation or information requests
- Submitting a job application
- Responding to communications from us or our affiliates (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations)
- Registering for, or responding to, a subscription request for our newsletter.
When we collect information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. We endeavor to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission if necessary.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or mobile applications, or give us in any other way, including through email, telephone, or other communications with our customer service department. If you contact us for support, we will keep an internal record of what support was given.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, text message, or by other means to confirm your departure date, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new products and services, or upcoming special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you.
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, may use other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We also may use your email address to:
- Send you pre-arrival confirmation details
- Notify you about special offers and promotions
- Communicate emergency or crisis-related information
- Send you copies of your bills when you request them
- Send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys
C). Third Party Shared Information
Murphy’s may disclose your information to third parties in the following ways:
- When we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account
- If you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices
- When we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies, but only to the extent necessary to comply with contractual agreements
- If you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer’s or any third party’s travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill
- When companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of Murphy’s require information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services)
- In case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual.
D). Your Rights
You will be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us.
You may receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected partners, such as our customer satisfaction surveyors. We offer the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting Murphy’s directly.
To opt out of any mailings, please do the following:
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us
- Send an email with your current contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To access, update or remove your personal information, please do the following:
- Send an email with your current contact information as well as your request to email@example.com
Whenever you submit a request to update your information in any way, we will honor your request within four (4) weeks and will inform you about the status.
E). Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
Within our Site and mobile applications we and our partners, affiliates, and/or analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies and similar technologies to analyze trends, administer the Site and mobile applications, track users’ movements around the Site and mobile applications, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual or aggregated basis.
F). Protocol Data
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We use this information gathered about you from our Site or mobile application to help personalize search results, diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site and mobile applications. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our Site and mobile applications and make your browsing and purchasing experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except as necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
We also use tracking technologies such as: CI codes (click tracking), ISC (source tracking), and ITC (item tracking codes, attached to purchases at an item level, used to determine where within the application a product was added). These results are not shared with any third parties and are used solely for deciding when to retire SDKs/OS versions and to identify characteristics of major users so that we may optimize our applications and services for those user types.
H). Geographic Data
With your express consent, we may access and track location data from your device in order to personalize results such as map location. We do not tie any personally identifiable information about you to any of the location tracking technologies that we use, and we do not track location data when our mobile applications are not in use. You may withdraw your consent for us to use location data at any time by turning off the location services setting on your device. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
We use security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information transferred to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
J). Google Analytics
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this Site, such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site. This cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We use the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this Site. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
K). “Do Not Track” Signals
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit (www.allaboutdnt.com).
L). Transfer of Data Abroad