News & Events
Corporate Travel in the time of COVID – How Corporate Housing Has Adjusted To the New Reality
In a coronavirus world, one of the biggest casualties has been for businesses. But as the United States opens back up, businesses are moving valiantly forward in an effort to support the national economy and those that they employ. At Murphy’s Corporate Housing Associates, we have served business executives for almost forty years, and we understand the needs of traveling business professionals and of employers to keep their employees safe. We are here to help provide a safe and worry-free lodging experience for your employees and are ready to serve.
Providing Quality and Safety in the Age of COVID-19
In our continued commitment to go above and beyond when it comes to cleaning, disinfecting, and making our guests feel safe, it is important to note that our guests will continue to receive the high level of comfort and luxury that they have come to expect when staying with Murphy’s Corporate Housing Associates.
Some of the features that guests can expect to see in our corporate apartments include:
- Around the clock customer service. We are continuing the tradition of providing excellent customer service to our guests 24/7. Especially while they are away from home during these uncertain times, we are here to make corporate lodging a more pleasant and worry-free experience.
- Handpicked executive furnishings. The furniture and décor in each corporate apartment are handpicked to give guests a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere with an interior design feel.
- If employees need to work from their apartment, our fully furnished corporate apartments offer both cable and high-speed Wi-Fi.
- On a bi-weekly basis, guests can have housekeeping staff clean bathrooms, change bedsheets, replace towels, vacuum, and take out the trash if they wish.
- Fitness center and pool facilities. Murphy’s corporate apartments typically feature a fitness center and a resort-style pool for guests to access when allowed by state and local government coronavirus safety measures.
- Pet options. Many of our apartments are pet-friendly so that even when away for a business, our guests can bring a little bit of home with them.
Advantages of Staying in Corporate Housing vs. Other Types of Lodging Right Now
We know that employers and employees have options when choosing where to stay for business travels, which is just another reason why Murphy’s Corporate Housing Associates takes our commitment to safety so seriously.
Corporate apartments come with a unique set of circumstances that allow guests to feel like they are in a more controlled and safe environment, including:
- Crowd control. Hotels are designed to serve hundreds of guests each day and can require an unusually fast turnaround time for room cleaning in order to be ready for the next guest. With this continuous influx of guests from all over the nation and world-traveling for both business and pleasure, comes the potential for the spread of germs from hundreds of people in one building. Corporate apartments are designed to serve business executives traveling for work and generally have much less traffic and people than that of hotels. Fewer people could potentially equal fewer germs.
- Full Kitchen. In a hotel, guests sheltering in place are generally forced to rely on room service, common dining areas, or get takeout from a restaurant. However, in a corporate apartment, each unit features a full kitchen complete with modern appliances such as a refrigerator, stove, oven, and dishwasher. For added convenience, each kitchen comes with cookware, tableware, flatware, glassware, cookware and utensils. This enables guests to prepare and eat their food in a private dining space without having to pay for room service or visit a common area.
- In-Unit Laundry. If an employee requires a long term stay in a hotel and has a need to do laundry, their choices are typically to pay to have the hotel handle the laundry on shared equipment or go to a laundromat, which also utilizes shared equipment. A guest staying in one of our corporate apartments has access to their own washer, dryer, ironing board, and iron as well as a starter laundry detergent. This convenience allows guests to do laundry at their leisure and avoid machines shared with dozens or hundreds of others each day.
Our Commitment to Safety
While there is much that is still unknown about COVID-19, the one thing scientists seem to agree on is that proper preventative safety measures can help limit the spread of the virus. Our guests’ safety is paramount during their stay with us, which is why each of our corporate apartments undergoes a thorough cleaning between clients.
Each apartment also features a complimentary cleaning kit for additional peace of mind and for guests to use as they feel necessary.
The three-in-one peroxide multi-surface cleaner and disinfectant spray included in this kit is EPA registered and does not require the user to utilize any personal protection equipment as long as the cleaner is diluted. This brand of spray product says that when used correctly, it can disinfect in five minutes or less and should kill 99.999% of germs.
Although each corporate apartment is cleaned and disinfected between guests, each unit’s complimentary cleaning kit can give an added level of safety to employers and employees staying with us. With the help of supplies in their cleaning kit, guests are encouraged to clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in main areas or those that see a lot of foot traffic. Some of the surfaces we recommend guests clean at least daily during their stay with us include:
- Faucet handles
- Knobs of appliances
- Light switches
- Television remotes
- Toilet handles
Our corporate apartment complexes across the nation are following state and local mandates to help keep our guests as safe as possible.
Employers or business travelers who wish to learn more about the specific cities they are planning to travel to and the health safety protocols in place, contact a Murphy’s Corporate Housing Associates representative for guidance.
Custom COVID-19 Cleaning Kits Include:
5 Reasons To Choose A Staycation
Finding the Best Deal on An Apartment When You Find Yourself Newly Single
Show us your mask !
At Murphy’s Corporate Housing Associates we have endured difficult challenges such as recessions and natural disasters like hurricanes and floods. Many of these events have impacted both our business and our staff, but we have collectively persevered by controlling what we can, primarily our ability to create a company culture of positivity as noted in our core values:
- Be welcoming and engaging to all
- Remain client focused
- Do the right thing
- Utilize proactive problem solving
- Be result driven
- Have fun
Our core values have been the key to remaining positive throughout every challenge we have endured. It has served us well and still continues to do so as we approach our 50 year anniversary of being in the business. Depending on our circumstances, fun can sometimes feel like the last thing we want to embrace. But, fun can be as simple as taking a picture of your mask.
Since masks have become a norm in our daily lives we want embrace it and have some fun with it. So from July 1-15th we want you to send us pictures of you in your mask! The more creative, the better! The more it matches your shirt, the better! The more bedazzled it is, the better!
How to enter:
- Click on our chat box at the bottom right hand corner.
- Enter in your name and email to start the chat.
- Attach a picture of you in your mask.
You can only enter M-F (8am-5pm) when our chat is active.
Winner will be contacted by email on the 20th of July.
1st Place- Echo Dot
2nd Place- Murphy’s Sherpa Throw
3rd Place- Murphy’s 16oz Mug
Good luck and contact us if you have any questions!
Murphy’s Corporate Lodging Is The Ideal Solution For Doctors and Nurses Arriving In Houston For COVID-19 Response
Accentuating the Positive During a Pandemic
What Are Serviced Apartments And What Amenities Come With Them?
Post COVID Hotel vs Corporate Apartments vs Airbnb
Before planning your next business trip, put things on pause for a moment to consider the advantages and drawbacks of lodging at hotels, corporate apartments, and Airbnb properties. The choices you make about where to stay in the weeks and months to come may affect everything from your pocketbook to your long-term health, making it crucial to ponder which option is the best for you. Continue reading “Post COVID Hotel vs Corporate Apartments vs Airbnb”