Today business executives and professionals are traveling more frequently than ever for corporate ventures. Whether driving only a city or two away or flying to the opposite coast for work, travelers want to make corporate traveling as seamless as possible. One foundational way to elevate the business traveling experience is by securing a home base or temporary lodging that offers a relaxing and worry-free experience. To achieve this atmosphere, business professionals are increasingly turning to the luxurious offerings and privacy of serviced apartments.
What are serviced apartments?
Serviced apartments are fully furnished and equipped temporary housing option for business executives and professionals. These apartments have all the typical comforts of home like a bedroom, living area, washer and dryer, and fully equipped kitchen. In addition to these basic accommodations, renters can expect additional conveniences such as housekeeping services and general utilities.
In general, serviced apartments are becoming a more popular corporate lodging option amongst today’s business executives because they are geared specifically toward the business community. Although these apartments can be available for shorter stays, an extended stay option is particularly attractive to corporate travelers that are gone for weeks at a time, as typically the longer they stay, the more cost-effective the apartment becomes.
What amenities do serviced apartments offer?
Serviced apartments are at the top of most corporate travelers’ lists for a reason; they seem to be a step above the rest in terms of commitment to the customer and beat a hotel room hands down! A reputable corporate housing locator will cater to the guest in any way that they can to ensure their guest’s stay is as enjoyable and worry-free as possible.
When choosing to stay in a serviced apartment for work travel, business executives can generally expect:
- Fully furnished apartments: These living areas not only feature the essentials required of a bedroom, living area, and kitchen, but they are warmly decorated to make the space feel more like home. This cozy atmosphere allows guests to truly relax and feel comfortable enough to grab a snack from the kitchen and put their feet up after a long day’s work.
- Fully equipped kitchen: After donuts for breakfast and takeout for lunch at the office, some business executives crave something smaller and more healthy for dinner that won’t add to the waistline. A fully stocked kitchen complete with all of the essentials allows guests to store groceries and cook for themselves if so desired. This feature is particularly helpful to traveling executives with dietary restrictions or food allergies. In some cases, serviced apartments provide optional, limited grocery delivery service for those too busy at the office to get to the grocery store or stock their fridge.
- Hi-tech and business-friendly atmosphere: Serviced apartments should come with updated electronics, plenty of area to work, and complimentary wireless internet. Corporate lodging sees these perks as nonnegotiable, as many of their guests bring work home from the office with them. If given enough advance warning, some corporate housing facilities will do all that they can to accommodate any special work-related technology requests.
- Leisure activities: For it to truly feel like home, every traveler deserves access to at least one space for some much-needed leisure and relaxation. Corporate serviced apartments generally offer a luxurious pool space, state of the art exercise facilities, and sometimes a general gathering area such as a snack bar or game room.
- Housekeeping: Because work doesn’t wait, guests are often on the go, which leaves little time for housekeeping. While hotel housekeeping generally consists of delivering new sheets and towels, this amenity for serviced apartments includes clean linens, along with straightening and cleaning various rooms within the apartment. Many guests find kitchen housekeeping a particular bonus.
- No added utilities: When renting a serviced apartment, the renter’s basic utilities are usually included in the rental agreement. This keeps tenants from having to worry about the large loads of laundry they had to do mid-week or that they ran the dishwasher multiple times during their stay. For an added convenience, guests can take full advantage of a private washer and dryer in the unit.
Why stay at serviced apartments?
Traveling for work can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. By choosing a reputable corporate housing provider that offers serviced apartments, business travelers can be confident that they will receive the same excellent customer service and corporate lodging experience every time.
Serviced apartments feel uniquely like home because they are so much more than just sleeping quarters. With a kitchen, dining area, living area and a separate bedroom, this type of temporary housing has all the comforts of home. The amount of space in an apartment gives a tenant a wide expanse of space to spread work out on the dining table, but still have plenty of room for lounging in the main living area. For travelers with friends or family in town, an apartment even allows for plenty of space to host a small get together complete with a home cooked meal thanks to the full kitchen.
When traveling away from home and after being at the office all day, many business professionals prefer a quiet atmosphere to come home to that allows maximum privacy. As a general rule, serviced apartments are geared toward traveling executives who appreciate solace and often keep similar hours. Because of this commonality amongst clientele, guests generally do not have to worry about the disturbing noises of other guests coming in late at night or running down the hallways.
Location is absolutely key when traveling for work. Most serviced apartments are located within a variety of upscale neighborhoods that provide business traveler with close proximity to work. In addition, the serviced apartment specialist will be able to advise guests about nearby transportation, top rated entertainment, delicious dining options, and local events.