Many people traveling to Texas for business may be trying to plan a family vacation for spring break at the same time. Whether your travels take you to Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio, bring the family with you and discover all the fun things to do in Texas with your kids. Let Murphy’s Corporate Lodging help with your accommodations so you can focus on balancing work and fun.
Choosing Corporate Housing for Spring Break in Texas
As you plan your trip to Texas for business, be sure to let your corporate lodging company know about your plans to bring the family. This will enable them to ensure the best accommodations for your specific needs. Corporate lodging options are fully furnished, feature an in-house kitchen and washer/dryer, and offer a number of upscale amenities which lend themselves to making an average business trip feel more like a vacation.
Corporate Lodging and Fun Things to do in Austin
No true authentic Texas experience is complete without a trip to the state’s capital. The city of Austin is humming with activity everywhere from the Texas Capitol to the University of Texas to the beautiful Lady Bird Lake near downtown.
- The Catherine on Barton Springs Road
- Boulevard at Town Lake on Lake Austin Boulevard
- 5th Street Commons on West 5th Street
- 422 at the Lake on West Riverside Drive
Things To Do In Austin
- Tour the Texas Capitol in the heart of downtown
- Climb the steps to picturesque Mount Bonnell
- Visit the LBJ Presidential Library
- Canoe or kayak on Lady Bird Lake
- Watch the bats take flight from Congress Avenue Bridge at dusk
Corporate Lodging and Fun Things to do in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi is located along the southeast coast of Texas. With stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, this city can be the perfect destination for beach lovers. While you are in meetings, the family will likely be thrilled to spend their day soaking up the sun and sand and playing in the surf.
- La Joya Bay Resort on Ennis Joslin Road
- The Oaks of Bentwater on FM 3036 (Rockport)
- Palm Bluff Place on Bill G Webb Drive (Portland)
Things To Do In Or Near Corpus Christi
- Visit the USS Lexington Museum for an immersive lesson in history
- Enjoy the beach at Mustang Island
- Explore the wonders of the Texas State Aquarium
Corporate Lodging and Things to do in Dallas
Dallas is one of the premier destinations in North Texas. It is one of the largest cities in Texas, and one of the most populous cities in the United States. This high class city is built for tourism with two airports, tons of attractions, and a fabulous city skyline.
- One Uptown on McKinney Avenue
- Third Rail Lofts on Main Street
- The Heights at Park Lane on Park Lane
- The Monterey by Windsor on McKinney Avenue
- The Miro on N. Harwood Street
Things To Do In Dallas
- Tour the George W. Bush Presidential Center
- Embrace your wild side at Six Flags Over Texas Amusement Park
- Explore Dallas’ thriving Arts District
- Tour the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden
- Shop until you drop at the Galleria
Corporate Lodging and Things to do in Houston
Houston is considered to be the most populous city in Texas and one of the top five in the nation. Greater Houston generally encompasses the surrounding areas of The Woodlands, the Texas Medical Center, the Galleria, Downtown, and the Energy Corridor. To truly enjoy everything this city has to offer, a week vacation here at spring break can be fabulous!
- SkyHouse Main on Main Street
- One Park Place on McKinney Street
- Alexan5151 on Hidalgo Street
- The Belmont on Bissonnet Street
- One Lakes Edge on Hughes Landing Boulevard
Things To Do In Houston
- Visit Kemah for lunch by the water, fun on the boardwalk, and spectacular ocean views
- Spend the day in Galveston enjoying the beach and shopping on The Strand
- Explore the Museum District to learn about health, natural science, history, and more
- Have an out of this world experience at NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- Get your Yee-Haw on at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Go on safari in the Houston Zoo
Corporate Lodging and Things to do in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas was originally founded as a Spanish Mission and outpost in the early eighteenth century, and today the city is flourishing as a tourist favorite. Whether you enjoy riverboat rides, shopping, amusement parks, or visiting the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization World Heritage sites of the local missions, San Antonio has something for everyone.
- Belleza at Cresta Bella on Cresta Avenida
- The Preserve on Fredericksburg
- Eilan on La Cantera Terrace
- The Can Plant Residence at Pearl on Avenue A
- The Residences at La Cantera
Things To Do In San Antonio
- Take a riverboat ride along the city’s famed Riverwalk and explore Riverwalk shops and restaurants
- Go back in time to catch a glimpse of Texas history and tour the Alamo
- Enjoy a posh shopping experience at The Shops at La Cantera
- Discover marine life in between fun rides and amazing learning experiences at SeaWorld
- Enjoy the themed attraction of Fiesta Texas with roller coasters, entertainment, and fun
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and that can include the fun to be had during spring break in Texas…even when you are working.